Be proactive in protecting your online reputation
Businesses and organizations must be vigilant in monitoring opinions and information that is being shared about them that could be harmful to their reputation. If anyone creates a website or leaves a review that targets your company or non-profit that ranks for your primary keywords, your credibility could be badly damaged and result in lost revenue or donations. Further, people may be searching for you by business name, and if negative news ranks higher than your website, the repercussions could be difficult to undo.
Here are things you can do to protect your online reputation:
- 1. Create a presence on all relevant internet properties
- 2. Do not neglect your social media accounts
- 3. Protect your branded products
- 4. Protect your organization's leadership
- 5. Enforce authorship
- 6. Create blog articles regularly
- 7. Listen for disgruntled customers and staff
- 8. Apologize when called for and be authentic
- 9. Refrain from getting into online arguments
- 10. Commit to an online reputation management program
Online reputation management and reputation repair have been important elements of online marketing for some time. If a business or non-profit organization does not invest in developing their brand name and good reputation proactively, someone else may publish malicious information that may be difficult to remove or offset, causing lost revenue and weakening key relationships.
Let Us Check Your Online Reputation
Let us help you proactively defend your good name.
Contact us to help you identify information and reviews that may jeopardize your good reputation. Or if you know of those online threats, let us help you mitigate their effects. Complete the form and submit it today.